Monday, May 26, 2014

Waterfalls and A Wonderful Week

Hola!!! We went into the jungle today!! Well actually, I always am in the jungle...but we hiked up to a waterfall today! I didn't have tennis shoes so it was rough and I just went barefoot most of the way...but hey gotta do what you gotta do right? It was beautiful! I love the jungle haha THIS is my mission!!! Im much much happier this week. Here's a day in the life of Hermana Woody

Wake up at 6:30 lay there for a good 15 minutes contemplating life.
7 to 7:40ish workout haha do Tae bow kick boxing workouts
8 to 1:30ish chill at the house, and by chill I mean study and cook lunch. 
2 to about 8 walk and talk! We talk to everyone that we can see. We can't tract so its all about contacts. When we do go to houses we just yell Buenas! We teach a guy in a barber shop, a family in a tiny tiny shack, lessons on the streets. pretty much everywhere. The people are really receptive here! Except for those catholics...there was one lady this week who just goes "Im superrrr catholic" and I just wanted to say well Im suppppperrrr Mormon!! but...I just smiled, said adios and walked away haha. we don't have any golden investigators, but we have some promising people for sure. Oh yeah, the spanish I learmed is NOT the spanish here at all!! also we walk so freakin far in a day it's literally trek...so many hills. I always sing my way up them because it makes it easier. I started singing the Climb once...it was very fitting haha

So that's me everyday! I've embraced the fact that Im a gringa, I live in the mountains, The food here is wack, people all have real lives that need help, and again..THIS is my mission! WE had a sweet experience with a lady this week who was really really sick, she could hardly move. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and it was such a spiritual experience. The gift of tongues is real! I had an immediate love for her and could literally feel God's love for her. It was incredible. I love the people here!!!

Funny things...we ran out of good food so we made pancakes out of chocolate cake mix haha it was pretty nast. I killed not 1, not 2, but 5 spiders in the shower this week!! like spiders should NOT be in the shower..am I right or am I right? oh yeah and yesterday I accidentally told a lady I was racist...we were talking about Obama and I said oh I don't care for him...Oh so you're racist...si! oops hahaa. people are crazy, but life is good! We went to a baptism yesterday and they had me sing on the spot...it was fun though! then a niƱo came up to me and picked me a flower, and his sister came over and gave me a HUGE bouquet of flowers haha it was great. 

Happy summer to you all! I don't even remember what that's like....so Enjoy it! Te quierro mucho familia y amigos!


Hermana Woody 




No comments:

Post a Comment