Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Miracle Week



hey friends and family, what a week!! things are goin great here in Choluteca honduras :) although it is veryyyyy hot..... We are finally seeing progress, and even though the baptisms arent comin yet, we are seeing people's lives change for the better. I have a story to share with you all today!

so first of all, I want you to all meet my friend George. he is a less active member that hasn't been to church in 6 years. We met him when he was walking with his crutches about a month ago when we were on our way to church. He says "hermanas Elderes, I am a member and I want to go to church today. Let's go" After talking we realized he was a little bit drunk..but he still wanted to go to church so we all went.

 A month passed by and he was hard to find. We decided to visit him on Saturday and when we got there he was passed out on the floor of his adobe house. We thought he was drunk but it turned out that something horrible happened. Someone stole his crutches, then another guy came and stole his money ( he had quite a bit because he is poor and always asks for money, he also has a backwards knee and the other one has big screws in it) It broke my heart to see him like that, we decided to share a message with him and say a few prayers as well. The spirit was really strong in the lesson as we talked about how the Lord sometimes teached us lessons the hard way. he promised to put his life back in order if someone would lend him crutches. We left the house and kept hm in our prayers all day and tried to find crutches. the night passes and we passed by to take him to church in the morning in a truck..but he wasnt home, we thought he had gone to the bar. Much to our surprise, we walked into the chapel and who was the person seated on the front row? GEORGE! With a pair of crutches...how did it happen? I don't know, but what I do know is that God is a God of miracles. i am so thankful to receive his help day after day. George is one of my great friends and its because we look at him, not as an old drunk guy but really as a child and son of God, which he is. 

The mission has really opened my eyes and changed my perspective. I see people differently now, and it's amazing. I love serving and i love helping people. I am so sad that I will be home this year and it will all end one day. So I am enjoying this precious time while i have it.

There were other great experiences this week but those will just have to wait. We met a ton of new people and families. I am learning every day and I love my comp. life is good. thank you for all your prayers and support, I can feel them. Also shoutout to my mom and Aunt Jennifer for the birthday packages! now I dont walk around with broken shoes :)  I love you all, have a great week!

Hermana Woods :)

No comments:

Post a Comment