Thursday, July 24, 2014

Wish I Had A Nickle

July 14, 2014
helloooo! So I literally only have 4 limperas to my name right now, and that's a nickel! We didnt get money today for some reason so it's an adventure for sure haha it's kinda fun to be absolutely poor in a crazy city. But don't worry mom, my comp is helping me out haha. Anyways, we went to the waterfalls again today! I wore better shoes this time and it was so much fun. We have a new zone, so it's fun to get to know everyone in the hour and a half trek up to the hike and then the water! Also I fell in the water and was in up to my stomach...but I wasn't even mad about it because I miss swimming haha. For those of you in summer... enjoy the pool, beach, Bear Lake, bathtubs and all!

This week went by insanely fast and was full of ups and downs. First of all, we found Enrique this week!!! It was seriously a miracle. We saw him and his white sombrero walking on the other side of the street and I ran over and was seriously teh happiest I  have ever been. I think I scared him cause I was smiling so much haha but I missed him! We had a few lessons this week and he wants to be baptized but the good ol scratch is workin hard on him so we are having some trouble, but I have faith!

okay, I'm not sure if I have told you all about this family but I'm going to right now! We've been teaching Marta (the momma)  Carlos (14) Enrique (12) and Gaby (17) since day 2 here..so it's been over two months. i love them so so much, they are so humble and just the sweetest. The mom, Marta, is scared to leave her house and hasn't left for anything in a very long time, this is the reason that she hasn't come to church with us. But last week her son went and had a great experience. So anyway, we had a baptism for someone in our zone this weekend and MARTA AND CARLOS WENT!! It was seriously a MIRACLE!! My heart was so happy, not only did she leave the house, but she got to watch a batutiful baptism. they are so close to the waters! They have become my family here and we are finally starting to see progress, the Lord is so great!

Hmm what else..oh this week we had two sleepovers with the girls in our zone, they are so fun! so, we're allowed to watch disney movies on Pdays! And hermana Cruz has Frozen and we wanted to watch it last night (but we're obedient and had to wait til Pday) so we set the alarm for 12am to watch frozen haha I don't remember watching it..but still did! In the morning at 6:30 we watched it again, in #spanish...good thing I have the entire thing memorized because there weren't subtitiles, but now I'm learning the songs in Spanish so it's fun.

life is still great here in honduras! Loving it here so so much. Miss you all and hope you are just loving life so much too!! until next time!

hermana Woods!


pics: waterfall, turnin up at the waterfall and teaching the Palabra de Sabiduria (word of Wisdom haha) and this is a fruit that I ATE!! It's actually super good, and yay Jazz for trying something new and scary haha



No comments:

Post a Comment