Friday, April 11, 2014

First Week in Mexico!

Hellooooooooooo everyoneeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have so so so so much to tell you! I know that you probably wont even read all of it but that's okay. First of all. I LOVE being a missionary! putting on my name tag is so everymorning is so much fun. Even though one time I forgot mine... I had to borrow my friend's and I was Hermana Wittingslow for the day haha. Anyway the CCM is awesome! I'm straight up livin in Mexico. When we were driving in I literally thought that we were gonna die because It's super sketch..but we are so safe! There are giant fences around this place and there are giant towers that look like the ones from divergent to keep people out haha. It's a pretty campus though. To sum things up, I feel like I am in seminary/mission prep/boot camp/concentration camp 24/7...okay wow I feel bad about that last one.....so I take that back. But they are way strict here! We can't even listen to church music or any music at all in our house or anywhere, and they always say no "loud laughter"...so you can probably guess that I get in trouble all the time for that haha oops!

Okay since there have been SO many awesome/crazy things I'll sum up each of the days and the highlights!

Day 1: I was on the plane and my first thought was "they better have diet coke..missionary or not I WILL drink one" and I got one :)))) I was in such a weird state that the sadness didnt't really hit me. I was super calm and everything the entire day like I said in my first email. I got a little bummed that night because my bed is hard as a rock. and it's so hot here I just sleep with a sheet haha. oh and I'm SO tall that my feet hang off the bed..so that's real nice. Anyway the first day felt like 50 days and it was a rollercoaster but ended really well! Oh yeah, I kept singing "Let her Go, let her go!" Everyone in my district sings frozen because of that haha so thanks momma woods!

Day 2: we had to TEACH SOMEONE IN SPANISH THE SECOND DAY WE WERE HERE!! yep, I'm not lying. spanish and only spanish! My companera and I had absolutely no idea what we were saying or what she was saying back to us so our theme our attitude was just YOLO haha. Everything was scripted and fine until the end..we already prayed and testified like 4 times. And the only word we know for end is "fin" so we just said "FIN FIN FIN ADIOS!" we walked up and seriously fell on the floor laughing so hard. Now whenever the elders in our district walk past our casa they yell "fin fin adios adios!" We just laught at everything here. and then get in trouble for laughing too hard..but all is well..

Day 3 and 4: GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS SWEETTTTT!!!! it is so awesome to be here with so many missionaries to watch conference. The spirit was super strong and the talks were awesome. Not gonna lie though..i took a few snoozers but I listened to the good ones haha. I would wake up when I heard everyone whisper "look at hermans woods she's passed out" I'm so thankful that I got to watch it though, I learned a ton! I hope you guys did too!

okay I'm sorta over this whole daily journal thing...so I'll just say a couple other random stories! So I whipped out the superman onsie on day one and let me tell you..it is a HUGE success! We have latinas in our room and they legit think I'm a superhero haha it's awesome! I took individual pics with every single one of them and one hermana asked me to pick her up! We hangout with them every night in the living room and share stories, talk about boys and one direction in Spanglish haha it is seriously the best! The food here is nastttt. But that's okay because there is a nutella bar...so that's what I usually get. I know it's awful but would YOU rather have mystery meat and rice or...nutella?? that's what I thought. So, yesterday our classrooms were FREEZING so I went outside and laid on the hot ground and all the elders from my district walked out and thought I was passed out..and a random Mexican older elder ran over to see if I was okay..note to self: never casually soak up the sun on the ground in the CCM....but hey! I got warm :) 

I know I need to stop eating the nutella..but its like what grandpa said "go shopping with you....cut off my hand....I think I would cut off my hand" ...every single day I go beans and mystery meat or cutting my hand off....mystery meat or cut my hand off.....NUTELLA IT is!! I MISS DIET COLE IF YOU CAN SEND ME SOME PLEASE DO!!!!!!!!!!!


Anyway, I love it here! I hope that everything is going well up there in America...I feel like I have been here for a year and it's only been a week...it's so weird. I just killed a mosquito like a ninja with my bare hands!! We taught our investigator the the third times last night and committed her to baptism, the spirit was SO strong. nights like last night make me realize that it is worth it. Every little bit of it is worth it! I love spanish and being in a foreign country surrounded my latinas and latinos, and a lot of randoms from utah state haha It's a small world. I love you all!!! I'll write next thursday!!

XOXO Hermana Woods


PS only a few people know my name is Jazzie and I feel weird introducing myself as JA..HERMANA woods haha but it's fun! ADIOS!












No comments:

Post a Comment