Thursday, June 14, 2018

VIVA  BOLIVIA!!

On to the next adventure which is BOLIVIA! I am stoked to be a party of Humanitarian Experience for Youth or HEFY. Here's a little background. I applied to be a trip leader when I was back in China and ended up being chosen a few months later. The time has finally come and we are on our way. Leading up to the trip, I met my co trip leader Sam and right from the start we were so excited to be trip leaders and instantly became best friends. We had to get Visas, do CPR certifications and lots of background checks, but we checked everything off the list and headed to Trip Leader Training. We went to the Zermatt resort in Midway, Utah and met all the other amazing people that were also headed on trips this summer. It was so fun to meet people who love the youth and love traveling as much as we did! We learned so much and I knew that this was what I was supposed to be doing for the summer.  So here we are now!

Last night I had two red eye flights, from SLC to Orlando then from there to Miami, I met a few boys that were headed to Argentina for their trips and it was fun to run around the airport together even though we kept getting lost haha. But here we are now and I am anxiously waiting to meet my group of kids! Sam has been in Japan for the past week so he will be flying around the same time they are. I am so excited to get this thing rollin. I have a 14 hour layover and have been running out of things to do while waiting here. The builders should be getting here soon and I  can't wait to meet them!




No comments:

Post a Comment