Thursday, June 14, 2018

DAY 3- Fishing, ant attack and travel day

We only had a few hours this day so we went fishing in the morning for our lunch and then went on a jungle hike/walk. We had no luck fishing, but it was a good thing that the locals did because they brought a giant net and were able to catch us lunch! After a couple hours of that we headed out into the jungle. It was really pretty and fun to be out in the amazon. We were talking with a few of the girls and I felt something bite my neck..and suddenly I felt ants crawling and biting all over my head! I started freaking out and made Sam and a few of the girls look in my hair and they pulled out at least 15 ants that had been biting my head. My the end, the bun on top of my head turned into a mop and I finally calmed down and we got back to the walk. We found a giant swing and played on it for a while. Then we headed back to camp and packed up to catch our flight to Cochabamba. I would say that our time in the Amazon was well spent and I had to keep pinching myself to see if it was a dream!

We all made it through the airport and flight and were welcomed by our local coordinator Luis, he is the man! We were now in the city of Cochabamba and jumped on our bus and headed straight to dinner. We went to a hotel and we were the only ones in the restaurant, it was really fancy! We are a traditional Bolivian meal and I had no idea what it was, but everyone loved it! We met the Catholic Priest who is in charge of the Orphanage that we would be working on the next week and enjoyed dinner together. It was fun to get acquainted and talk about the project. After dinner we headed back to our hostel and it is so beautiful! It was pretty late but there were so many things to do, so the kids played volleyball, talked in the hammocks, played the piano and cards and we had our first official night in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment